At InnovaHive, we follow a process that is divided into a number of discrete phases. The phases may overlap and some projects will not require all of the phases in order for successful execution. Every project is different; the process described below represents only the framework used at InnovaHive.
InnovaHive uses a gated review process to determine the success of each phase. Design Reviews are planned at various stages to monitor each phase of the project. InnovaHive believes communication is the key to successful project execution, we choose to continually involve the client throughout the review process.
The Project Initiation phase is highly interactive and requires a high level of communication and participation. The goal of this phase is to understand client needs, scope of work and initiate a contract. The result of this phase is a document known as the Statement of Work. The Statement of Work contains carefully constructed client need statements organized into a hierarchical list with importance weightings assigned to each need. The Statement of Work may also contain
- Scope of Work: This describes roughly the work that must be done in detail
- Location of Work: This describes where the work must be performed
- Period of Performance: This specifies the allowable time for projects, such as start and finish time, number of hours that can be billed per week or month, and anything else that relates to scheduling
- Deliverable Schedule: This part lists the specific deliverable, describing what is due and when
- Applicable Standards: This describes any industry specific standards that need to be adhered to in fulfilling the contract
- Acceptance Criteria: This specifies how the client will determine if the product or service is acceptable, what objective criteria will be used to state the work is acceptable
- Special Requirements: This section describes if there are any special requirements
- Type of Contract: This section describes the type and details of the contract. At InnovaHive we honor Fixed Cost as well as Hourly contracts
- Payment Schedule: This section details the payment breakdown (whether up front or phased based on deliverable/time)